Say goodbye to 2021 and hello to 2022 with the latest print edition of FANGORIA magazine! The venerable horror publication is ringing in the new year with a fresh 100 pages. This time out they’re talking about a host of horror awesomeness, including the upcoming SCREAM and Scott Derrickson’s THE BLACK PHONE!
Check it out!
From The FANGORIA Press Release
Today, FANGORIA Magazine announced that the newsstand edition of their upcoming January 2022 issue will feature Scott Derrickson’s (SINISTER, DOCTOR STRANGE) THE BLACK PHONE, an adaptation of Joe Hill’s short story of the same name on its cover. With a screenplay penned by C. Robert Cargill (SINISTER, DOCTOR STRANGE), THE BLACK PHONE transports audiences back to the 1970s, as a young boy (Mason Thames) kidnapped by a child killer (played by Ethan Hawke) must decipher the clues he receives from the killer’s previous victims via a series of calls from a mysterious phone on the wall where he’s being held captive.
For FANGORIA Issue #14, the trio of Derrickson, Cargill, and Hill come together to discuss the making of THE BLACK PHONE, the power of nostalgia, and growing up during the unsafe times of the1970s. This latest edition of the long-running horror publication also features a look at the design process behind the instantly iconic mask in THE BLACK PHONE which was designed by FX legend Tom Savini and renowned FX artist Jason Baker.
FANGORIA is also ringing in the new year with a celebration of all things SCREAM, including a conversation between Radio Silence (Tyler Gillett, Matt Bettinelli-Olpin, and Chad Villella, the filmmaking team behind the new SCREAM) and franchise creator Kevin Williamson, who discuss the intimidating challenge of revisiting Woodsboro. And in anticipation of the latest entry in the popular franchise, FANGORIA #14 looks back at the entire history of the SCREAM series, as well as the not-quite-real STAB films.
Here’s a peek at the cover!
Other highlights from FANGORIA Magazine’s upcoming Winter 2022 issue include:
- Lucky McKee on the 20th anniversary of MAY
- A candid chat with CHUCKY star Devon Sawa as he reflects on his journey through the genre
- A profile of acclaimed tattoo artist Paul Acker
- A retrospective for 100TH ANNIVERSARY of F.W. Murnau’s NOSFERATU
- Set visit reports from upcoming indies THE LAST THING MARY SAW and SLAPFACE
- Costume designer Jolene Richardson sheds light on the career of Vera West, the (often uncredited) costume designer of the Universal Horror classics
- The Best Deaths of 2021
- A list of the 2022 FANGORIA Chainsaw Award nominees
- New original art by Vanessa McKee and Spicy Donut (Devin Lawson)
- And More!
FANGORIA #14 hits newsstands in January 2022. Watch for it! To purchase a subscription, click here!
Fun stuff! Good to see the magazine is still going strong. We can’t wait to check out THE BLACK PHONE. What do you think? Are you ready for the new issue? Tell us in the comments!