New on Amazon.com this week! Slash of the Titans: The Road To Freddy vs. Jason examines New Line Cinema’s ten-year, four-million-dollar search to find the right screenplay for Freddy vs Jason. The book details the production’s troubled history from the surprise ending of Jason Goes to Hell all the way to the Freddy vs. Jason red carpet premiere. This is the story of one film, two horror icons, and seventeen screenwriters!
Slash Of The Titans features interviews with Robert Englund, Ken Kirzinger, Sean S. Cunningham, David Goyer, Adam Marcus, Tom McLoughlin and more.
– Comprehensive looks at ten different versions of the screenplay
– Info on early crossover attempts by Friday the 13th filmmakers
– Exclusive details on the never made Freddy vs. Jason: Hell Unbound video game
– Insights from producers, executives and developers including Sean S. Cunningham
– An examination of why the Shannon/Swift script was finally green lit
– Summaries of the four endings considered for the 2003 film
– Coverage of the never made Freddy vs Jason vs Ash sequel
– New comments from the titans themselves – Robert Englund and Ken Kirzinger
– Appendices full of story details including the outcomes of all ten versions
Check out the teaser trailer from the book’s official website below.
Ten years? Seventeen screenwriters? You know there are going to be some amazing stories in here! Don’t believe me? Check out the other teaser video from the book’s official website that talks about 10 cameos we almost saw in Freddy vs. Jason. These range from awesome (Pinhead) to outright crazy (Adolf Hitler???)! I can’t wait to read this!
Slash of the Titans released on March 20th, 2017. It is the Number 1 bestselling book in Movie History & Criticism this week and is available on Amazon.com now in Paperback and Kindle Editions! Go snag your copy today!