It’s game on for Rollerball as the action sci-fi heads to 4K UHD for the first time in North America from Scream Factory™ this November! The 1975 cult classic was directed by Norman Jewison (Jesus Christ Superstar, Moonstruck) and features a star-studded cast including James Caan (Misery), John Houseman (The Fog, Ghost Story), Maud Adams (Octopussy), John Beck (Dallas) and Moses Gunn (Shaft, Firestarter).
Synopsis for Rollerball
The year is 2018. There are no wars. There is no crime. There is only … the Game. In a world where ruthless corporations reign supreme, this vicious and barbaric “sport” is the only outlet for the pent-up anger and frustrations of the masses.
Tuned to their televisions, the people watch “Rollerball”: a brutal mutation of football, motocross, and hockey. Jonathan E. (the great James Caan) is the champion player – a man too talented for his own good. The Corporation has taken away the woman, Ella (Maud Adams) Jonathan loves but they can’t take away his soul – even if the diabolical corporate head (John Houseman) tells him he better retire … or suffer the old-fashioned way. With its surrealistic imagery and tense action sequences, Rollerball grips you by the heart – and never lets you go!
- NEW 2022 restoration and color grade, for this UHD release, using an existing 4K scan of the original camera negative done by MGM
- In Dolby Vision (HDR 10 Compatible)
- Audio Commentary with director Norman Jewison
- Audio Commentary with writer William Harrison
- From Rome to Rollerball: The Full Circle – vintage featurette
- Blood Sports – an interview with actor James Caan
- The Bike Work – Craig R. Baxley on the Motorcycle stunts
- The Fourth City – Shooting Rollerball in Munich
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0
Fans of the dystopian sports thriller will be treated to a new transfer of the film from the original camera negative and can pre-order their copies on ShoutFactory.com. It’s game on for Rollerball as the action sci-fi heads to 4K UHD for the first time in North America from Scream Factory™ on November 22.