There’s still time to submit your screenplays and pilots to 2018’s Film Con Hollywood! The one day festival will take place on March 24th at the Los Angeles Convention Center in LA from 8:30AM – 10:30PM PST. Want to know why you should participate? Read on to find out what the people behind Film Con Hollywood have to say about their festival!
What is Film Con Hollywood?
Film Con Hollywood is a full day of panels, workshops, competitions, networking and screenings for filmmakers, writers, actors & content creators. If you’re looking to connect, collaborate and build relationships in an effort to take your craft and career to the next level, Film Con Hollywood is for you!
Join us for this exclusive 1-day event at the Los Angeles Convention Center bringing together TOP industry leaders including:
- Executives from Gersh, Netflix, TCA, Amasia Entertainment, Gravitas Ventures, Buffalo 8, Three Point Capital, Bondit Media Capital, attorney Lisa Bloom and more!
- Writers like Deborah Schoeneman (Girls, The Newsroom), Jacquen Castellanos (The Affair, Sweetbitter), Samantha Tanner (A Boy. A Girl. A Dream) and more!
- Directors like Qasim Basir (A Boy. A Girl. A Dream.), J.T. Mollner (Angels & Outlaws), Leonardo Carbucci (Legendary Ad), Alex Ferrari (This Is Meg) and more!
- Actors like Chevy Chase, Emmy-nominated Jillian Bell (22 Jump Street, Splash, Workaholics), Allen Maldonado (BLACK-ISH, THE Equalizer, STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON), Anthony Montgomery (Star Trek: Enterprise) and more!
Who Should Attend Film Con?
Filmcon Hollywood is the ideal venue for those who are passionate to take their skills and abilities to the next level. Our mission is to support and encourage up and coming creatives by creating an ecosystem that nurtures their talents as they break into the industry. Attendees can compete in a short film and screenwriting competitions with over $3,000 in prizes! Plus, rising screenwriters will have a chance to pitch their scripts in the Stage 32 Pitch Tank to 4 top industry executives!
What to Expect
- Inspirational talks from top industry leaders
- All-day panels & workshops for filmmakers, actors and writers
- The Stage 32 “Pitch Tank” – 4 top industry professionals evaluate selected pitches
- Networking party – meet & greet fellow Film Con Hollywood attendees & panelists
- Short film screenings and Red Carpet events
When is Film Con?
Saturday March 24
8:30AM – 10:30PM PST
Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles CA 90015
You can also meet Scott Simpson, Veteran Screenwriter
Scott Simpson is a talented and passionate screenwriter. He was tops in the Historical category of Season 2 of the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards, thanks to his amazing screenplay “Callie Earlene”. We asked Scott if he would knock out a quick Q&A for our readers, and he graciously agreed…
Filmmatic Screenplay Awards: Season 3 – Open for Business! – Call for Screenplays and Pilots
The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards were created to locate and expose up-and-coming screenwriters, as well as to empower and educate those talented writers still waiting for their invitation to the mainstream industry. Ten Categorical Winners, 1 Overall-Winner, and 100 Honorable Mentions will be named. Season 3 of the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards is open to feature-length and short works, screenplays and teleplays.
Bonus Fun! Magic Of Film Sets & Props Exhibit
Magic of Film Sets & Props – see an exhibition of some of your favorite legendary film sets & props, brought to you by Shon Le Blanc, owner of The Costume House in Hollywood and a multi-award winning Costume Designer!