We love a good horror anthology, don’t we? When it comes to horror anthologies, Creepshow is one of the all time greats. Can you think of a better way to enjoy this cinematic masterpiece than with a Shout! Factory Collector’s Edition Blu-ray? We can’t either! We’ve got some good news. Shout! Factory is on the case, and they’ve put together one of the biggest Collector’s Edition special features lists I’ve ever seen.
Read on for all the details!
Masters of the macabre – writer Stephen King and director George A. Romero – conjure up five shocking yarns, each a virtuoso exercise in the ghouls-and-gags style of classic ’50s horror comics. A murdered man emerges from the grave for Father’s Day cake. A meteor’s ooze makes everything…grow. A professor selects his wife as a snack for a crated creature. A scheming husband plants two lovers up to their necks in terror. A malevolent millionaire with an insect phobia becomes the prey of a cockroach army.
Add the spirited performances of an excellent cast (Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, Leslie Nielsen, Ted Danson, E.G. Marshall and King himself) and the ghoulish makeup wizardry of Tom Savini, and you have a non-stop, thrilling ride that “plays like an anthology of human phobias” (Roger Ebert)!
Check out this new, killer artwork!
Creepshow Collector’s Edition Special Features
- NEW 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative – Color Correction Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Michael Gornick
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Michael Gornick
- Audio Commentary With Director George A. Romero And Special Make-Up Effects Creator Tom Savini
- NEW Audio Commentary With Composer/First Assistant Director John Harrison And Construction Coordinator Ed Fountain
- NEW Terror And The Three Rivers – A Round Table Discussion On The Making Of Creepshow With John Amplas, Tom Atkins, Tom Savini, And Marty Schiff
- Audio Interviews With Director Of Photography Michael Gornick, Actor John Amplas, Property Master Bruce Alan Miller, And Make-up Effects Assistant Darryl Ferrucci
- NEW The Comic Book Look – An Interview With Costume Designer Barbara Anderson
- NEW Ripped From The Pages – An Interview With Animator Rick Catizone
- Tom Savini’s Behind-The-Scenes Footage
- NEW The Colors Of Creepshow – A Look At The Restoration of Creepshow With Director Of Photography Michael Gornick
- NEW Into The Mix – An Interview With Sound Re-recordist Chris Jenkins
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Original Film Locations Hosted By Sean Clark
- NEW Mondo Macabre – A Look At Mondo’s Various Creepshow Posters With Mondo Co-Founder Rob Jones And Mondo Gallery Events Planner Josh Curry
- NEW Collecting Creepshow – A Look At Some Of The Original Props And Collectibles From The Film With Collector Dave Burian
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spot
- Radio Spots
- Still Galleries – Posters, Lobby Cards, And Movie Stills
- Still Galleries – Behind The Scenes Photos
- Includes 40-Page Booklet!
Holy shit! Scream if you love special features!
Hot damn, that’s a lot of content for one release! You’re gonna pay for it, though. The Creepshow Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is going to cost you nearly $40. It’s worth it, though, right? You can pre-order your copy now, and it will be released on October 23rd.
What do you think? Are you going to sell some plasma so you can afford a copy of the Creepshow Collector’s Edition? Tell us in the comments!